It's a private forum until things blow over. The forum is a Happy place 95% of the time and I don't really want a bunch of guys coming in and ruining what we've got going here. It'll probably just be for a week or two so you guys are all locked in together and you're gonna like it!
And for the thousandth time, the SA forums and public opinion were like maybe 15% of why I took it down. The other 85% was my own personal decision influenced by no one. The fact so many people wanted it to stay up made it harder to pull down. For the most part people told me to do what I feel is right which is what I did.
The only thing that had any influence was an email I got from Bernard C Cormier telling me what I already knew/thought/felt.
I think it's way different than the fat chick on a scooter/terry fox/old man rubbing the dog's bird for a lot of reasons. I guess I could explain a few of them in more detail briefly.
One of the main things in this strip is while I poke fun, it's generally harmless. The white rapper guy was just a random white rapper guy I drew who didn't look like anyone specific. The masturbating lawyer was a brunette in real life.
Calling someone out on their name and posting a real picture of them to laugh at just because they said something bad about you is petty, juvenile and frankly (I may be wrong) but I think deep down I'm better than that which is why I pulled it down. The dude accepted my apology then went on to tell me I still needed to learn to draw and write. That's fine. If he wants to be that way, he can. I know I did the right thing, the bigger thing and I've felt better ever since.
For you guys who don't approve or understand, well I hope you're not too disappointed and will still hang out!
On a small side note, I had about a dozen people warn me about using a dude's picture without permission. I'm sure there would have been some kinda cease and desist deal before it got to that but it was another small issue in the back of my head.
Man, things get blown out of proportion on the Internet fast. I was happy last night though. I met a few people at the show (complete strangers)who told me how much they enjoyed the comic and read it every week which is one of the things I enjoy the most. Next week we'll be back with normalcy.
Sept 22...Keroro Gunsou finally on DVD!
Jet Flyin', Limo Ridin', Kiss Stealin', Wheelin' Dealin' Son of a Gun
I felt that was a good move to modify it because even if the SA people come across as assholes:
1) people who do not know their assholiness will side with the guy in the picture because it can be seen as an unwarrented personal attack.
2) Their Assholinesses may try to sue.
3) various legal things associated with #2.
With the guy' face there, I felt that the strip stooped to SA's level of school bus bullying. Also, in a related way, I know what it's like to be nice 'n' fair while being a published critic yet get shit-on by the personal Internet attacks of a comic "artist". It's not fun or fair... at all.
The Golden Rule (I think): "Do onto others as you want done to you."
I see a couple of strips that you did where one of the characters seems to have a certain likeness to myself. I would like to send a big thank you for obtaining my verbal consent before uploading said images to the WWW.
I would also like to say that I laughed my ass of at first as well, then thought, "Man this is gonna cause shit." As always pal I m behind you 100%.
I will also say that as far as posting hilarious pics, if I ever see my grad picture (the one where I look like Bean Seaver) on this website, I will not threaten you in any way. I just won't ever leave my house again.
Heh...maybe I'll post it while you're away at nerd-con out of jealousy.
and dash all of my nerd-con coolness (if that makes sense).
No one will care how many cool pics, autographs and things I got once they see that picture. They will just all say.."He needs those things to feel better about himself." If that picture is up, they will be right.